Top of page Skip navigation

What does SPF stand for?

SPF stands for "Sun Protection Factor"

 

What is the difference between SPF's?

SPF 2 protects from 50% of UVB light (cancerous), leaving 50% available to penetrate the skin.

 

SPF 8 protects from 87.5% of UVB light, leaving 12.5% available to penetrate the skin.

 

SPF 15 protects from 93.3% of UVB light, leaving 6.7% available to penetrate the skin.

 

SPF 30 protects from 96.7% of UVB light, leaving 3.3% available to penetrate the skin.